zsh-workers
* Bug Zshenv
@ 2021-01-06 11:20 Cavallucci Laura
From: Cavallucci Laura @ 2021-01-06 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello,

I just install Zsh a few days ago and this appears :
"/etc/zsh/zshenv:19: command not found: es
grep: Avertissement : GREP_OPTIONS doit être abandonnée ; veuillez utiliser
un alias ou un script"

I remove and install again Zsh but still here, I try to resolve it but I'm
a really new user so I think I might need you help to relove this.

*Here's my Zshenv :*
# /etc/zsh/zshenv: system-wide .zshenv file for zsh(1).
#
# This file is sourced on all invocations of the shell.
# If the -f flag is present or if the NO_RCS option is
# set within this file, all other initialization files
# are skipped.
#
# This file should contain commands to set the command
# search path, plus other important environment variables.
# This file should not contain commands that produce
# output or assume the shell is attached to a tty.
#
# Global Order: zshenv, zprofile, zshrc, zlogin

if [[ -z "$PATH" || "$PATH" == "/bin:/usr/bin" ]]
then
export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games"
fi
es crées
umask 022

# Proxy HTTP / FTP sans mot de passe
#export http_proxy="http://proxy.exemple.org:8080"
#export ftp_proxy="ftp://proxy.exemple.org:8080"

# Proxy HTTP / FTP avec mot de passe
#export http_proxy="http://login:password@proxy.exemple.org:8080"
#export ftp_proxy="ftp://login:password@proxy.exemple.org:8080"

# Ne pas passer par le proxy pour les domaines locaux
#export no_proxy="exemple.org"

# De la couleur pour grep
export GREP_OPTIONS='--color=auto'

Do you need anything else ?
Thank you,
--
Laura Cavallucci
Phone : +33 (0)7 50 88 66 47

* Re: Bug Zshenv
@ 2021-01-06 11:51 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2021-01-06 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cavallucci Laura, zsh-workers

> On 06 January 2021 at 11:20 Cavallucci Laura <laura.cllucci@gmail.com> wrote:
> I just install Zsh a few days ago and this appears :
> "/etc/zsh/zshenv:19: command not found: es
> grep: Avertissement : GREP_OPTIONS doit être abandonnée ; veuillez utiliser
> un alias ou un script"

This should really be on the zsh-users list; it's not an internal zsh issue
but a usage issue, i.e. to do with how code that runs under zsh is written.

> *Here's my Zshenv :*
> if [[ -z "$PATH" || "$PATH" == "/bin:/usr/bin" ]]
> then
> export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games"
> fi
> es crées
> umask 022

(I've stripped this down, leaving a little bit of context before and after.)
That line running the command "es" to me looks very strange, like it shouldn't
be there; possibly it's a bit of a comment that hasn't been edited out.

There *might* be a command "es" on your system but the fact the argument
is an unquoted, accented word suggests the line is bogus.  I'd suggest
simply commenting it out or removing it (as superuser).

I don't know what grep's objection to GREP_OPTIONS is (it's nothing to
do with zsh), but you can remove that error by commenting out the line

> export GREP_OPTIONS='--color=auto'

later on.  The suggestion you're getting from grep is basically equivalent
to replacing that line with

alias grep='grep --color=auto'

so you could do that instead.

pws

* Re: Bug Zshenv
@ 2021-01-06 12:25 ` Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri
From: Andreas Kusalananda Kähäri @ 2021-01-06 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cavallucci Laura; +Cc: zsh-workers

Your /etc/zsh/zshenv file seems to have been
carelessly assembled with partial lines from
https://lo-ol.fr/gitlist/shell/blob/master/conf%20files/zsh/zshenv (or
from a copy thereof, or similar).

This is not a bug in the zsh shell, but an error on the part of whoever
put together you zshenv file without testing it.

For now, unless you knw exactly what you need to have in this file,
you should delete the line saying "es crées".  The message about
"GREP_OPTIONS" can be ignored, or dealt with by commenting out the
"export GREP_OPTIONS" line.

Regards.

SciLifeLab, NBIS, ICM
Uppsala University, Sweden