zsh-workers
From: "shirish शिरीष" <shirishag75@gmail.com>
To: Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org>
Cc: zsh-workers <zsh-workers@zsh.org>, Adam <adam@spiers.net>
Subject: Re: [FEATURE REQUEST] Adding battery power to bigfade prompt
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2016 02:17:10 +0530	[thread overview]

at bottom :-

On 27/12/2016, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh@apache.org> wrote:
> shirish शिरीष wrote on Tue, Dec 27, 2016 at 01:51:28 +0530:
>> It would be nice if either bigfade or some other prompt adds battery
>> power to its prompt, please.
>
> How would that be done portably?  The tool to use is ioreg(8) on OS X,
> apm(8) on FreeBSD, and acpi(8) on Linux; and I'm not sure whether
> acpi(8) exists in all Linuxes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Daniel
> (I have battery info in my tmux status line)

Agreed. In that case could we have some sort of generic battery
modules that we could enable on our platform.

What could be done is have four optional scripts added to zsh
documenting which script works with which platform/technology etc. and
then the user would just enable it . The only thing that the user
would have to then think on how to have it on the extreme right or
left (hinking about users who write from right to left rather than the
conventional left to right.)

@ Daniel - if there is a specific module/script which could be used to
easily do this, please share it either on-list or off-list OR if you
want, can also re-ask the same thing in zsh-users@zsh.org if you think
it's a better domain for this type of thing.

Look forward to hearing from  you.

--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल