Thank you for the clarification. On Fri, Mar 10, 2023, 08:13 Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Thu, Mar 9, 2023 at 8:48 PM Nikita Romanyuk wrote: > > > > If I understood correctly, we shouldn't use setopt for changing keyboard > > layouts because it's not expandable. Better, there should be a separate > > builtin function. How should it be called? "setlayout"? "setkblayout"? > > No, you have misunderstood. We're suggesting something like > > .zle.layout=$'\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n etc etc' > > and then the spdist function would read the value of that variable. > No new options, no new builtins. > > A shell function file similar to (for an example) > Functions/Misc/colors would provide a set of layouts that could be > assigned to the variable. >