zsh-workers
* Atom/RSS Feed for ZSH News
@ 2022-03-31 19:14 Jeremy Saklad
From: Jeremy Saklad @ 2022-03-31 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Right now, news about ZSH is announced through a simple HTML page and a mailing list. I feel providing an Atom feed would be very helpful for keeping tabs on new releases and other changes.

Hosting an Atom feed is quite easy, and if set up correctly it wouldn’t require additional upkeep to maintain along with the Sympa mailing list. It’d also save a lot of email traffic and associated headaches.

* Re: Atom/RSS Feed for ZSH News
@ 2022-04-10 21:55 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2022-04-10 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Saklad; +Cc: zsh-workers

Jeremy Saklad wrote on Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 14:14:46 -0500:
> Right now, news about ZSH is announced through a simple HTML page and
> a mailing list. I feel providing an Atom feed would be very helpful
> for keeping tabs on new releases and other changes.
>
> Hosting an Atom feed is quite easy, and if set up correctly it
> wouldn’t require additional upkeep to maintain along with the Sympa
> mailing list. It’d also save a lot of email traffic and associated
> headaches.

I'm sure we're open to the idea, but we're not volunteering to implement
it for you.  Which is to say: patches welcome (whether they are to the
Sympa configuration, to https://www.zsh.org/ and https://zsh.sourceforge.io/,
or to the release scripts and docs).

Please note there's a zsh-announce@ list that's exclusively for
announcements.