zsh-workers
* Predefine the next buffer
@ 2021-05-09 19:11 Michel
From: Michel @ 2021-05-09 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

I try to have that will define the next content of my buffer. For example:
I run a command 'foo' and the next command will be pre-write with 'bar' (or
replace 'foo' by 'bar'). I imagine made it with a function, but I can't use
zle to manipulate the buffer, it seems to be required to use a widget and
run it from a shortcut.

Anyone have already tried this? Do you know how I can make it?

Thanks
_____________________
Michel BARRET

* Re: Predefine the next buffer
@ 2021-05-09 20:02 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2021-05-09 20:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Sun, 2021-05-09 at 21:11 +0200, Michel wrote:
> I try to have that will define the next content of my buffer. For
> example: I run a command 'foo' and the next command will be pre-write
> with 'bar' (or replace 'foo' by 'bar'). I imagine made it with a
> function, but I can't use zle to manipulate the buffer, it seems to be
> required to use a widget and run it from a shortcut.

So "foo" is something like  a shell function thatʼs going to do some
stuff, and you want it also to set up the next editing command line for
you?

Try this:

foo() {
  print -z bar
}

(BTW user questions really belong on zsh-users.)

pws

* Re: Predefine the next buffer
@ 2021-05-09 20:53   ` Michel
From: Michel @ 2021-05-09 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)