On 22 January 2015 at 00:34, Ray Andrews wrote: > I'm getting this 'make check' problem: > > ./V07pcre.ztst: skipped (the zsh/pcre module is not available) > > All three 'pcre_*' functions exist in both: > > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpcre.a > /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libpcre.so > > ... so I'm wondering why they are not linked. > > This is under Debian testing. (On webmail, apologies if the format is a bit uncontrollable.) This is quite a common problem if your Linux setup isn't specifically installed for software development. The check needs to be able to perform a compilation, so it has to find the headers as well as the libraries. Those are typically in some additional package. You'll probably find you have a package "pcre" installed and need another one called "pcre-devel" or something similar. pws