On Wednesday, 16 April 2014, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Apr 16, 4:19pm, Andrew Waldron wrote: > } > } On Tue, 15 Apr 2014, Bart Schaefer wrote: > } > } > The exec.c change doesn't change anything other than verbosity about some > } > error conditions, correct? > } > } Correct, if you take the change in stringsubst then there is no segfault. > } You just end up with empty substitutions. > > Any second opinions on whether we want the increased verbosity? Peter? I think it's certainly useful in debug mode, and there's definitely an argument for always reporting it as the alternative is probably rather obscure. The only likely negative effect I can think of might be of the caller also reported an error. I'm likely to be quiet for a week. pws