zsh-workers
* compaudit
@ 2012-10-23 16:21 Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2012-10-23 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

Just while it's in my mind...

  zsh compinit: insecure directories and files, run compaudit for list.
  Ignore insecure directories and files and continue [y] or abort compinit [n]?

It occurs to me this is too draconian in the case where the files are
owned by the same user who owns the zsh binary.  At worst we should
report 'zsh installed by unprivileged user x, OK to continue with
compinit?' rather than either ignore all the files or abort completely.
Either you trust the user who installed the shell or you don't.

pws

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-10-23 16:21 UTC | newest]