On 26 January 2015 at 00:01, Bart Schaefer wrote: > This seems to do the trick (clearly a thinko to ignore the value of > polltty that is passed in as an argument): Yes, the original test was for polltty; I simplified the code, but simplified it the wrong way (polltty is now always false if fd <= 0). Thanks. I'm still scratching my head over how it hung permanently, but it must be something to do with using terminal input mode when we shouldn't be. So I suppose that's not particularly suspicious beyond the bug,but I can't quite convince myself... pws