I'm emailing about some hotkey/shortcuts. From section 8.3.1 Readline Init File Syntax : 1. *Ctrl + U* Deletes before the cursor until the start of the command 1. *Control-u: universal-argument Meta-Rubout: backward-kill-word* 2. *Ctrl + K* Deletes after the cursor until the end of the command *Ctrl + K* seems to be implemented in zsh but *Ctrl + U* seems to be a bit flaky. It should behave as listed above but, what it's actually doing is killing all words in the line. I see how it's described in 4.2.2: Deleting but that's pretty terse; not sure what to do with that. *Request for Enhancement* Please implement the *Control-u* functionality as described above. Or, given the functionality exists, simply bind to *ctrl+u* by default. I hear this as an occasional complaint from a few of us old geezers (like me) who have a lot of muscle memory invested into these shortcuts. Time to ask for help :-) -- Thanks in advance, Todd Thomas *"It's a frail music knits the world together."-Robert Dana*