On Sun, Sep 10, 2023 at 9:34 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > > Which is exactly what the appended patch does: Leverage > getoutputfile() to create a temporary name, then write it and read it > back. While looking for some additional tests for this, I ran into an error I'd never seen before: process substitution =(<<<'') cannot be used here This happens if there's no current job on which addfilelist() can hang the temp name. I don't know if there's any way to trigger it in "normal" usage. The appended is probably better anyway, it's slightly less of a hack than before. Replaces workers/52126 entirely, although the Doc hunk is unchanged. > Implementation question: It seems to be OK to tokenize() a string > that has already been tokenize()d? Any comment on that?