On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 9:40 AM, Andrew McNabb wrote: > After upgrading my system, I found that every time I change a directory, > zsh spits out an escape sequence that isn't recognized by my terminal. > Ultimately this points to either a wrong terminfo entry for the terminal you are using (possibly the value of $TERM is wrong?) or a shell setting that assumes all terminals understand all the same escape sequences. I've never encountered ESC ] 7 ; before, though. If this happens only after "cd", check the value of $chpwd_functions for culprits. If this is happening with other commands as well, check $PROMPT_EOL_MARK and the setting of the PROMPT_SP option.