* Redefining TRAPDEBUG causes loop?
@ 2021-09-05  3:07 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2021-09-05  3:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

I haven't worked out a simple test case yet, but several times while
playing with Zach Riggle's question about ZSH_DEBUG_CMD, I managed to
put the shell into an infinite loop by redefining TRAPDEBUG() { ... }
at the command line without first doing unfunction TRAPDEBUG.

This probably requires making a reference to $ZSH_DEBUG_CMD in the
function body (and therefore requires DEBUG_BEFORE_CMD) but I'm not
certain.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-05  3:08 UTC | newest]