zsh-workers
* Re: Are there zsh error message explanation
       [not found]               ` <CAH+w=7ZvQoxa_DDa5ivqBW3_r33bZHsG_JWnQrRESzv5pK7qRQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2022-12-16  4:32                 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2022-12-16  4:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Thu, Dec 15, 2022 at 8:07 PM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:

> Even if the error messages printed by the shell don't change, a
> volunteer to write a yodl page listing them all and cross-referencing
> them to other manual sections would not be turned away.

There are by my count just under 1200 locations where the zsh sources
might print an error, comprising at least 751 different messages (in
many instances, multiplied by the possible number of different errno
values).

The most common error message (at least 40 of those 751) is just the
name of a builtin followed by strerr(errno), or strerr(errno) followed
by the name of something else (e.g., a file).

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-12-16  4:37 UTC | newest]