On Sun, Dec 11, 2022 at 8:52 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > > I don't recall why this suppresses traps on errflag, if I ever knew. > However, the comment suggests the calling code should be clearing > errflag around the dotrap(). > > The question is whether its OK here to just clear errflag like this, > or if it should be saved and restored? Seems reasonable to errflag on the side of safety (ahem) and do the restore. The new first hunk covers another possible case; immediately outside that diff context we call realexit(), so there is no possibility of errflag being referenced again.