I was trying to get zed-set-file-name to work with my "zed -h" change, and discovered that even with plain "zed file" after entering the file name into read-from-minibuffer, ^X^W no longer works to exit from zed, and a bare return DOES exit it. Apparently returning from read-from-minibuffer does not constitute "the next command" for purposes of zle -K restoring the keymap? Did this work at one time? Also, it is possible to execute zed-set-file-name recursively from inside read-from-minibuffer, which is a bit strange. xtrace output attached in case somebody needs help finding a clue.