* bracketed-paste-magic error in Putty due to empty $PASTED variable
@ 2019-09-20 21:23 Marc Cornellà
From: Marc Cornellà @ 2019-09-20 21:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

This error was reported on Oh My Zsh:

bracketed-paste-magic:zle:47: not enough arguments for -U

If I enable tracing of the bracketed-paste-magic function this is where it errors:

+bracketed-paste-magic:46> NUMERIC=1
+bracketed-paste-magic:47> zle -U -
bracketed-paste-magic:zle:47: not enough arguments for -U

The zle command is supposed to pass in $PASTED, but since it isn't quoted the zle call
fails with an error. Looking through the commit history of the bracketed-paste-magic file
it seems that commit 9cfd26bf10f530d746afadf3a04c4cf401fbbb9d was overwritten and
so the quotes aren't there anymore.

Pasting still works, but the error is really annoying. I don't really understand the zle system
enough to know why $PASTED is empty, but just adding the quotes back again fixes it.

Thanks

* Re: bracketed-paste-magic error in Putty due to empty $PASTED variable
@ 2019-09-24 17:09 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2019-09-24 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc Cornellà; +Cc: zsh-workers

On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 2:24 PM Marc Cornellà <marc.cornella@live.com> wrote:

> bracketed-paste-magic:zle:47: not enough arguments for -U

Thanks, I've pushed the simple patch for this.