zsh-workers
* Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01  4:13 Matthew Martin
From: Matthew Martin @ 2022-02-01  4:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

When attempting to fetch from sourceforge over ssh, the attempt fails with

Received disconnect from 216.105.38.16 port 22:2: Too many
authentication failures
Disconnected from 216.105.38.16 port 22

and the repository exists.

Fetching over https does not error.

* Re: Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01  5:26 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2022-02-01  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 8:14 PM Matthew Martin <phy1729@gmail.com> wrote:

> When attempting to fetch from sourceforge over ssh, the attempt fails

Something's gone amiss at sourceforge, my SSH keys don't work any longer
and I get prompted for a password when trying to do git ops.

I can still fetch or clone with git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code but i
can't push.  I even created a new key and added it to my SSH profile, but
it doesn't work.

* Re: Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01  7:33   ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2022-02-01  7:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 01 Feb 2022 05:26 +00:00:
> On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 8:14 PM Matthew Martin <phy1729@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When attempting to fetch from sourceforge over ssh, the attempt fails
>>

> Something's gone amiss at sourceforge, my SSH keys don't work any longer
> and I get prompted for a password when trying to do git ops.
>
> I can still fetch or clone with git://git.code.sf.net/p/zsh/code but i
> can't push.  I even created a new key and added it to my SSH profile, but
> it doesn't work.

«ssh shell.sourceforge.net create» prompts for a password too.  I didn't
attempt to provide one as I assumed that'd lead to treating me as
a password guesser.

I assume SF will be back in a few hours.

If not… we'll just put a master repository somewhere else.  We have at
least zsh.org, gitlab, and github as options.  I don't think there's anything
else tying us to sourceforge, other than the Web site, and we were going
to move that to zsh.org anyway.

I've also grabbed a copy of the settings in the sourceforge "Admin"
screens, including the list of people with push access, and queued
an "Export".

According to sourceforge's emailed push notifications, the last push was
Mikael's 8bf0f0, log message "49694 + doc".  I pulled a copy of that, so
now at least four of us have copies of the whole history.  github and
gitlab have both mirrored that commit, too.

* Re: Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01  7:43     ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2022-02-01  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Daniel Shahaf wrote on Tue, 01 Feb 2022 07:33 +00:00:
> I've also grabbed a copy of the settings in the sourceforge "Admin"
> screens, including the list of people with push access, and queued
> an "Export".

So, the export is done, but is available over scp/sftp only…  Is there
any other way to reach a file that's in web.sourceforge.net:/home/project-exports/zsh ?

* Re: Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01 18:31     ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2022-02-01 18:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Mon, Jan 31, 2022 at 11:36 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 01 Feb 2022 05:26 +00:00:
> >
> > Something's gone amiss at sourceforge, my SSH keys don't work any longer
> > and I get prompted for a password when trying to do git ops.
>
> «ssh shell.sourceforge.net create» prompts for a password too.  I didn't
> attempt to provide one as I assumed that'd lead to treating me as
> a password guesser.

I used the "forgot password" link from the web site and then was able
to use that password for ssh, so the situation isn't really that
desperate.  It's odd that the key-based access has stopped working,
though.  (Still doesn't as of an hour or so ago.)

* Re: Error fetching from sf over ssh
@ 2022-02-01 21:03       ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2022-02-01 21:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel Shahaf; +Cc: Zsh hackers list

On Tue, Feb 1, 2022 at 10:31 AM Bart Schaefer <schaefer@brasslantern.com> wrote:

> I used the "forgot password" link from the web site and then was able
> to use that password for ssh, so the situation isn't really that
> desperate.  It's odd that the key-based access has stopped working,
> though.  (Still doesn't as of an hour or so ago.)

I was just now able to log in using key-based access.  Not sure how
long it's been back.