On Sep 30, 2014 10:30 AM, "Vincent Lefevre" wrote: > > I typed: > > ps -aef|gr pulseaudio > > and zsh hanged. The stack trace seems to indicate that the problem likely originates in lexrestore() which calls free() directly (without the signal-safe zfree() wrapper). There's a corresponding problem in lexsave() with a direct call to malloc(). The CHLD signal interrupts the free, leading to internal deadlock when another free is called (correctly via zfree this time, though it is optimized out of the backtrace). This resembles the problems in execsave()/execrestore() that I fixed last October. I'll send a patch later if no one else gets there first.