On Sun, Nov 5, 2023 at 8:17 AM Bart Schaefer wrote: > > I'll put something together a bit later today, but in the meantime > would be interested in feedback from anyone else who has a better idea > how we arrived at this state (and possible what really is going on in > lchdir() ...). The attached passes "make check" for me with all sensible** permutations of HAVE_GETCWD and USE_GETCWD. If someone else can check the __CYGWIN__ case that would be great. ** That is, I didn't try defined(USE_GETCWD) && !defined(HAVE_GETCWD) Kyle?