On Mon, Jan 6, 2020, 11:03 AM Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote: > On Mon, 6 Jan 2020 at 19:46, Roman Perepelitsa > wrote: > > > > I gave up because because no one has expressed enthusiasm and two > > members in good standing expressed skepticism that I was unable to > > address. > > I hope that the patch will be accepted. It's an innovative approach to > solving what appeared to be unsolvable > IIR the problem correctly, a possible approach to resolve my concern would be to have the terminal report the cursor position for the shell to read+save it, rather than rely on the terminal save/restore action. >