On Sat, Jun 1, 2013 at 4:09 PM, Peter Stephenson < p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Here's the basic disable -p / enable -p and emulation behaviour to be > exposed to public view before the rest. > > Up to now, this has only had finger tests of some of the simpler forms, > so there could well be bugs lurking in the disabling of certain > patterns. > > If somebody can spot some effect I haven't documented, please shout. > Fiddling with this, the very first thing I tried gave me an unexpected result. schaefer<502> print * aclocal.m4 aczsh.m4 autom4te.cache ChangeLog Completion Config config.guess config.h config.h.in config.log config.modules config.modules.shconfig.status config.sub configure configure.ac Doc Etc FEATURES Functions INSTALL install-sh LICENCE MACHINES Makefile Makefile.in META-FAQ Misc mkinstalldirs NEWS README Scripts Src stamp-h stamp-h.in StartupFiles Test Util schaefer<503> disable -p \* schaefer<504> print * zsh: no match schaefer<505> I was rather expecting to get a * as output rather than a no match error. It seems very odd to have a pattern that can't possibly match anything but that is still treated as a pattern; this did not really disable *, it just turned it into the equivalent of [*].