zsh-workers
* Idle musing about (naming of) CLOBBER_EMPTY
@ 2020-06-09 17:47 Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-06-09 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

Doesn't that make it sound like NOCLOBBER_EMPTY should mean that only
empty files are preserved?

* Re: Idle musing about (naming of) CLOBBER_EMPTY
@ 2020-06-09 22:43 ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-06-09 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:47 +00:00:
> Doesn't that make it sound like NOCLOBBER_EMPTY should mean that only
> empty files are preserved?

Could call it BUT_DO_CLOBBER_EMPTY, to allow «setopt noclobber butdoclobberempty».

* Re: Idle musing about (naming of) CLOBBER_EMPTY
@ 2020-06-10  0:57   ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2020-06-10  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:

> Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:47 +00:00:
> > Doesn't that make it sound like NOCLOBBER_EMPTY should mean that only
> > empty files are preserved?
>
> Could call it BUT_DO_CLOBBER_EMPTY, to allow «setopt noclobber butdoclobberempty».

Ha!  Except that
   setopt noclobber nobutdoclobberempty
still sounds wrong. :-)

I was thinking EMPTY_CLOBBER, if anything.  But like I said, idle musing.

* Re: Idle musing about (naming of) CLOBBER_EMPTY
@ 2020-06-10 13:56     ` Daniel Shahaf
From: Daniel Shahaf @ 2020-06-10 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: zsh-workers

Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:57 -0700:
> On Tue, Jun 9, 2020 at 3:44 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> >
> > Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 09 Jun 2020 17:47 +00:00:
> > > Doesn't that make it sound like NOCLOBBER_EMPTY should mean that only
> > > empty files are preserved?
> >
> > Could call it BUT_DO_CLOBBER_EMPTY, to allow «setopt noclobber butdoclobberempty».
>
> Ha!  Except that
>    setopt noclobber nobutdoclobberempty
> still sounds wrong. :-)
>
> I was thinking EMPTY_CLOBBER, if anything.  But like I said, idle musing.

SPECIAL_CASE_EMPTY_FILES

RACE_CONDITION_WHEN_CLOBBERING_EMPTY_FILES

Cheers,

Daniel