Named references, a trilogy in five parts. Based on discussion with Daniel, here are code and test updates to applied following the first three named reference patches I sent on Feb 5th. Some notes: The zsh/parameter module has been updated to be able to "see" named references. That is, whereas typeset -n nameref=var print ${(t)nameref} outputs the same string as ${(t)var}, using print ${parameters[nameref]} outputs the equivalent of nameref-${(t)var} The "bad substitution" error on typeset -n nr='ary[2]' print ${nr} has been fixed, and a problem with find the correct scope for a local nameref also corrected. Tests for these have been added, based on the examples Daniel provided and a couple more. I also changed the autoload test to be skipped if the module isn't loadable.