The same way I can jump between words (normal mode + w, see: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Moving_around) I would like to jump to search phrase (normal mode + / word). Example ('_' indicates the cursor position): ls -la /usr/local/bin/_ (When I type, ctrl + [ B , I will get) ls -la _/usr/local/bin/ I would like to implement a feature that I can jump to the beginning of the search phrase. Example: ls -la /usr/local/bin/_ ( ctrl + [ / ocal ) ls -la /usr/l_oacl/bin/ So basically this: http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Searching inside vi mode of zsh Best regards 2016-01-18 18:29 GMT+01:00 Bart Schaefer : > On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 12:26 AM, Krzysztof SÅ‚onka > wrote: > > > > I know that by using ctrl ] + / you can search through history, but I > would > > like to implement searching inside command input (the same way you can > > search in vim, / for forward search and ? for backward). > > Could you explain in more detail what you mean by "command input"? > And exactly when do you want to search it, relative to the execution > of the command? > > I suspect you believe the shell is involved in a part of the process > where it really is not, but I can't be sure. >