Another potential fix would be to change the hiding choices of the jobs so that the "jobs" output would show the pieces of the pipeline, more like when a non-time-using pipeline is used. For example, if I suspend "sleep 5 | cat ~/foo/*(^/) | wc", jobs shows me the various pieces of the pipeline (as would continue): [1] + suspended sleep 5 | done cat ~/foo/*(^/) | wc I created the attached simple patch to test this, but it doesn't really work right -- it doesn't hide the super job (which might be a good thing), and it prints superfluous "done" messages at the end of the run. I'm not going to fiddle with this anymore, since my prior patch seems like a reasonable fix, and the changing of the jobs output when suspending a newly-created super-job seems like a separate issue (but one that could also fix the time issue in a different way). ..wayne..