I had an issue where resizing zsh would sometimes cause garbage characters to be sent, at least if there was an "active" prompt set up (showed up mostly with Powerline). I later noticed that the bug seems to have been fixed for 5.3, it's just unfortunate that 5.2 is still the default version installed on OSX. I just wonder if someone could confirm that there was such a bug? And if there is a workaround for terminal emulator implementations? Some more detail here: https://github.com/powerline/powerline/issues/1831 -- Jonas Minnberg