From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>
To: zsh-workers@zsh.org
Subject: "Overlarge EPROG nref" with functions -c
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2021 09:02:40 +0200	[thread overview]

Someone in IRC was defining thousands of functions with brace
expansions, and I thought perhaps they could save some memory by using
functions -c instead, and came across the following:

% orig() {}
% for i in {1..2000}; do functions -c orig copy_$i; done
% for i in {1..2000}; do functions -c orig copy_$i; done
 parse.c:2816: Overlarge EPROG nref
[message repeats many times]

I'm assuming this is indicative of something bad, but I didn't look
into it, hoping that perhaps someone else knows more.

--
Mikael Magnusson