zsh-workers
* ZSH crashes when using ${path:0:h}
@ 2011-09-28 13:14 Christian Heinrich
From: Christian Heinrich @ 2011-09-28 13:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi everybody,

although I use zsh for about one year by now, my configuration was
mostly cherry-picked from sources all over the internet and I began
reading the documentation actually just this week ;o)

I came across the parameter expansion today and thought I would give it
a shot by trying the "expansion" ${path:0:h} at the beginning of an
argument. (I.e., nothing before it)

I am aware that this command might be nonsense but since I'm just
learning, I thought it might give me the first entry in $PATH with
the :h modifier applied. I simply wanted to try this out.

Unfortunately, zsh crashes.

I am currently using zsh + screen on Ubuntu 11.04 on my x86_AMD64
machine.

% zsh --version
zsh 4.3.11 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)

If you need any information, please let me know.

Regards
Christian

* Re: ZSH crashes when using ${path:0:h}
@ 2011-09-28 13:26 ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2011-09-28 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Heinrich; +Cc: zsh-workers

On 28 September 2011 15:14, Christian Heinrich
<christian@gladbachcity.de> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> although I use zsh for about one year by now, my configuration was
> mostly cherry-picked from sources all over the internet and I began
> reading the documentation actually just this week ;o)
>
> I came across the parameter expansion today and thought I would give it
> a shot by trying the "expansion" ${path:0:h} at the beginning of an
> argument. (I.e., nothing before it)
>
> I am aware that this command might be nonsense but since I'm just
> learning, I thought it might give me the first entry in $PATH with
> the :h modifier applied. I simply wanted to try this out.
>
> Unfortunately, zsh crashes.
>
> I am currently using zsh + screen on Ubuntu 11.04 on my x86_AMD64
> machine.
>
> % zsh --version
> zsh 4.3.11 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)

This bug is fixed in .12