zsh-workers
From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>
To: Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name>
Cc: zsh workers <zsh-workers@zsh.org>,
	thekittendev@gmail.com, jroquet@arkanosis.net
Subject: Re: Suggestion: forward-delete-word
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 17:05:39 +0200	[thread overview]

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018 at 4:55 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Bart Schaefer wrote on Tue, 25 Sep 2018 22:32 -0700:
>> You can also get forward motions by typing ESC - (that's two
>> characters, escape and hypen (minus)) before typing the character for
>> a backward motion, i.e., ESC - ^H deletes forward one character, ESC -
>> ^W deletes forward one word.
>
> For those of us who use EDITOR=vim with `bindkey -e`, where is it
> documented that a numeric argument can be negative?  I couldn't find
> that info in zshzle(1) or zshall(1).

       In many places, references are made to the
       numeric argument.  This can by default be
       entered in emacs mode by holding the alt
       key and typing a number, or pressing escape
       before each digit, and in vi command mode
       by typing the  number before  entering a
       command.   Generally  the  numeric  argument
       causes  the next command entered to be
       repeated the specified number of times,
       unless otherwise noted below. See  also  the
       Arguments subsection of the Widgets section
       for some other ways the numeric argument can
       be modified. The default bindings mentioned
       here use the digit-argument widget.

The referenced "Arguments" subsection containes the neg-argument
widget. Many individual widgets also mention exactly what happens when
given a numeric argument.

--
Mikael Magnusson