zsh-workers
* Broken mirror list in the docs
@ 2011-12-02 22:12 Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2011-12-02 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

The path here seems to have changed, the trailing zsh/ no longer exists:
ftp://ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
http://www.zsh.org/pub/zsh/

These seem to no longer be working:
ftp://ftp.gmd.de/packages/zsh/
ftp://ftp.uni-trier.de/pub/unix/shell/zsh/
ftp://ftp.math.technion.ac.il/pub/zsh/
ftp://ftp.siol.net/mirrors/zsh/
ftp://ftp.net.lut.ac.uk/zsh/
ftp://sunsite.org.uk/packages/zsh/
http://zsh.open-mirror.com/

These don't allow anonymous logins:
ftp://ftp.win.ne.jp/pub/shell/zsh/
ftp://ftp.cs.elte.hu/pub/zsh/
ftp://linux.sarang.net/mirror/system/shell/zsh/

These work but don't seem to have zsh anymore:
http://www.math.technion.ac.il/pub/zsh/
ftp://ftp.kfki.hu/pub/packages/zsh/ has only 4.2.1
ftp://ftp.demon.nl/pub/mirrors/zsh/
ftp://ftp.uit.no/pub/unix/shells/zsh/
ftp://ftp.roedu.net/pub/mirrors/ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
ftp://ftp.kappa.ro/pub/mirrors/ftp.zsh.org/pub/zsh/
ftp://ftp.lysator.liu.se/pub/unix/zsh/

These are the ones that do work:
ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/unix/shells/zsh/
http://www.cs.elte.hu/pub/zsh/ (but currently has 4.3.10 as the latest)
ftp://sunsite.icm.edu.pl/pub/unix/shells/zsh/

--
Mikael Magnusson

* Re: Broken mirror list in the docs
@ 2011-12-03  6:47 ` Phil Pennock
From: Phil Pennock @ 2011-12-03  6:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikael Magnusson; +Cc: zsh workers

On 2011-12-02 at 23:12 +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> These work but don't seem to have zsh anymore:
> ftp://ftp.demon.nl/pub/mirrors/zsh/

demon.nl is no more, the company was sold off and split apart.  The
domain may still be in use, but it's not AFAIK actively maintained.

I was responsible for the ftp.demon.nl mirror of zsh.  As far as I'm
concerned, it's dead.

I have a colo box in NL with bandwidth not a significant concern, if we
still want another NL mirror I can throw up a vhost and make it
available over http.

-Phil

* Re: Broken mirror list in the docs
@ 2011-12-03 17:02 ` Peter Stephenson
From: Peter Stephenson @ 2011-12-03 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

Please do feel free to change the appropriate items in the archive: the
mirror list gets very little maintenance.

Thanks.

--
Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com>

* Re: Broken mirror list in the docs
@ 2011-12-03 19:10   ` Mikael Magnusson
From: Mikael Magnusson @ 2011-12-03 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh workers

On 3 December 2011 18:02, Peter Stephenson <p.w.stephenson@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Please do feel free to change the appropriate items in the archive: the
> mirror list gets very little maintenance.
>
> Thanks.

Hrm, oops, it looks like I managed to look at an old manpage, you
already updated the mirrorlist back in april.. sorry for the noise. Of
the ones actually in cvs right now, only the lip6.fr one is a bit
outdated, it only has 4.2.3.

--
Mikael Magnusson