Hi zsh developers, I recently stumbled across a problem with compatibility: https://www.gnu.org/software/bash/manual/bashref.html#index-case Bash allows ;& in switch-case statements as a fall-through, for which zsh has ;| . It would be great, if zsh could adapt to (also?) support ;& . More details about this problem can be found here: http://wiki.bash-hackers.org/syntax/ccmd/case#portability_considerations Have a good day Sebastian P.S.: I did not subscribe to the mailing list, so if you have questions please CC me.