zsh-workers
* How to delete spaces or set my separator between words when I using complete function on ZSH
@ 2022-09-22  5:50 yuhang zheng
From: yuhang zheng @ 2022-09-22  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Dear Sir,
   Good morning, sir.  I feel very sorry to disturb your work. And we met a
problem on ZSH completion that we can't found an solution on official
document of ZSH (A User's Guide to the Z-Shell (Chapter 6: Completion, old
and new)).
    We are doing an open-sourced tool which can use on different shell, and
we get stuck on ZSH completion now. On BASH, we can use a command ' compopt
-o nospace ' to offset spaces when we are using completion. Same on ZSH, we
want to delete spaces between words when we are using '_describe' function
to complete.  Here is our a testcase(img_1 on attachment). Here is we want
to achieve(img_2 on attachment). Could you tell us how can I achieve it on
ZSH?
    By the way, ' _argument function ' also can't delete spaces between two
words. But if an option has an equal sign, '_argument function' can delete
space (img_3,img_4,img_5 on attachment), so I think that delete spaces when
I using '_describe' complete function can be achieved on ZSH, same as BASH.
   Thank you for spending time on us, Have a nice day~

Your Sincerely
Yuhang Zheng
22-09-2022