The forgotten debug prints patch, attached. First file count.txt is just a proof that I'm not making this up ;) On 17 June 2018 at 22:23, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote: > Hello, > I'm debugging the reason why Ctrl-C can be ignored. U stumbled upon this: > > 1. I open shell, enter "ls ", then press Ctrl-C > 2. Debug logs from before "< master Zle select()" and after "> master > Zle select()" occur > 3. At first Ctrl-C, there are 24 select() recurrent code execution > paths – the logs around select() are triggered ~24 times. > 4. At second "ls ", there are 96 recurrent code paths. > 5. At third "ls , there are 197 recurrent code paths. > > The logs are: > > BASIC < select Before: selret: 0, errflag: 0, retflag: 0, breaks: 0, > exit_pending: 0 > BASIC > select After: selret: 0, errflag: 0, retflag: 0, breaks: 0, > exit_pending: 0 > > two lines, installed before master select() (first line) and after the > master select (second line). > > Could it be that Zsh reacts in this way after occurring Ctrl-C? It's > somewhat hard to believe. That's why I include also patch with debug > prints that I've used. Maybe someone will just apply it and do "ls > ". > > Also: asciinema recording, showing how the series of logs grow (1 tmux > screen / page, then 4 tmux screens / pages, then 9 pages to scroll up > to see the logs beginnings'): > > https://asciinema.org/a/hC24KqphbztwQfk5ApZbOYU2y > > -- > Best regards, > Sebastian Gniazdowski