On Fri, 9 Nov 2018 at 02:28, Oliver Kiddle wrote: >(...) >The only hope would be to strip the output > down to just the section actually being tested (which comptest manages), > also using something like: > zle_highlight=( fg_start_code:FGSTART fg_end_code:FGEND fg_default_code:FGDEF ) > and perhaps zle -T somehow to map escape sequences to something readable > somehow contriving to set TERM to something that claims 256 colour support. > And, only relying on the portable subset of sed syntax. > It's not without reason that I was too lazy to attempt this in the first > place. I have new fresh test file which I hope brings the X04 test to some new stage or level. The lines sent to zpty now aren't repeated, because zsh is started with +Z option, and `setopt zle' is emitted just before the "zpty -w zsh $'\C-a'" line, and the shell / zpty is closed via Ctrl-D, so luckily only single one, the test line (BUFFER="true", region_highlight+=...) is emitted and read. I've used zle -T tc tcfunc, which sets REPLY="", i.e. discards the codes. Should I change them to something? Because I'm only getting LE termcap command, moving cursor to the left (after printing POSTDISPLAY with zsh-autosuggestions text), some cd, ce, up commands and no codes for colors. Do you think I should not strip the termcap codes and specify them in test's expected output? I'm currently removing following escapes from all zpty output: - ^[[27m, ^[[24m, etc. - ^[[J - ^[[K - ^[[?2004h - e^Mexit -> exit - ^[[?2004l You seem to retrieve some other Zle-managing-output code (I think it's this) and the tests fail? Maybe it is already fixed by the late-Zle enabling, so you could try running the new test file? There are 6 tests currently: 0:basic region_highlight with 8 colors 0:basic region_highlight with true-color (hex-triplets) 0:basic region_highlight with near-color (hex-triplets at input) 0:overlapping region_highlight with 8 colors 0:overlapping region_highlight with true-color 0:overlapping region_highlight with near-color (hex-triplets at input) PS. Didn't yet search for terminfo file, just did export TERM=xterm-256, not actually sure how to search for the definition -- Sebastian Gniazdowski News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net:+6697/#zplugin Blog: http://zdharma.org