On 7 April 2018 at 03:53, Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Though, mapfile triggers the address sanitizer for an invalid > free before I can verify this path with it. > mapfile has significant room for quality and feature improvements, but the fact that metafication and unicode are in the way is discouraging. I mean, to find character N=1000, one has to traverse buffer with mbtowc, counting unicode characters. So one feature could be allowing to index by bytes, with use case like: get last 1000 bytes from large log file, then process as unicode string, extracting last 10 lines. Metafication is in the way, getarg/getindex cannot be customized like getter and setter, so byte-indexing is problematic. -- Best regards, Sebastian Gniazdowski