On 7 September 2016 at 20:28, Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Sep 7, 12:39pm, Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote: > I'm thinking about a far away > } possibility that one could fully work with emulate sh, having completions > } not reporting errors. > > I've lost track of this thread. What present error is being addressed? > Seems to me that completion uses zsh syntax internally, so you'd be more > likely to have an error in the other direction, i.e., the command line > expects SH_GLOB but the internals treat it like zsh ...? > I sometimes think about making emulate sh a possible interactive setting. Let it just be that one would be able to temporarily switch to sh to check something and then switch back. Currently there are errors reported: # zsh -f % autoload compinit % compinit % cd Applications/ PRINT/ Save/ github/ test/ ... % emulate sh % cd _cd:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `tmpcdpath ' _description:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `comp_ignor...' _next_label:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `funcstack ...' _description:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `comp_ignor...' _path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `pfx ' _path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `prepaths ' _path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `ignore ' _path_files:63: bad math expression: operator expected at `ignore' _main_complete:332: bad math expression: operator expected at `lastdescr' _main_complete:372: bad math expression: operator expected at `comp_color...' Best regards, Sebastian Gniazdowski