I want to automatically clear all functions created from outer function. auto-unset-funcs() { # Don't leak any functions typeset -ga ef ef=( ${(k)functions} ) # No localtraps – sets in outside scope trap "unset -f -- \"\${(k)functions[@]:|ef}\" &>/dev/null; unset ef" EXIT trap "return 1" INT } Above code correctly clears new functions when pasted into the outer function. However, I would like to avoid pasting and simply do: outer() { emulate -L zsh auto-unset-funcs # freely define new functions… } However, the EXIT trap is executed when auto-unset-funcs exits, not when outer() does… I thought that lack of localoptions localtraps would declare the EXIT trap in the first function that has it (outer does, via emulate -L). Doing setopt localoptions nolocaltraps in auto-unset-funcs didn't help. Any ideas on having such auto-unset-funcs function? -- Best regards, Sebastian Gniazdowski