* [BUG] zle reset-prompt clears complist menu when not initiated by the user
@ 2021-08-03 14:15 Marlon Richert
From: Marlon Richert @ 2021-08-03 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh hackers list

For example:

% trap 'RPS1=$SECONDS; zle reset-prompt' ALRM
% TMOUT=1
% zmodload zsh/complist
% bindkey '^I' menu-select
% cd /<TAB>

The complist menu will appear, but then again disappear when the
prompt updates, leaving only the currently selected item visible.

This also happens when zle reset-prompt is called from a zle -F handler.

zle redisplay has the same problem, too.

On the other hand, if we bind reset-prompt to a key and press it while
the complist menu is active, this works just fine.

* Re: [BUG] zle reset-prompt clears complist menu when not initiated by the user
@ 2021-08-03 15:58 ` Roman Perepelitsa
From: Roman Perepelitsa @ 2021-08-03 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marlon Richert; +Cc: Zsh hackers list