zsh-workers
* ZSH vcs_info are not updated if alias is used
@ 2019-04-23  8:52 Goetz Epperlein
From: Goetz Epperlein @ 2019-04-23  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hello ZSH maintainers,

I have a bug regarding the vcs_info extension.

When I change my branch inside my zsh sadly it is not reflecting the
current branch if I use an alias, but works if I use git checkout <branch>
I traced the problem down to vcs_info as my theme is using it to render the
branch name, but do not know how to solve this.

[image: image.png]

I use oh-my-zsh and my custom theme for oh-my-zsh hosted on github
<https://github.com/lony/dotFiles/blob/master/ansible/roles/dotfiles/src/bash_zsh/.zsh_oh-my-zsh/themes/lony.zsh-theme>
.

My current zsh version is:

    ❯ zsh --version
    zsh 5.7.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin18.2.0)

My aliases look like the following:

    ❯ alias | grep gc
    gc='git checkout'
    gco='git commit'

My git version is:

    ❯ git --version
    git version 2.21.0

I run zsh inside tmux on a Mac using iTerm2, as everything is installed
with homebrew it is updated to the latest version.

Any ideas what could cause this and how to fix it?

I also posted this question on stackoverflow, if this is easier to answer
somehow:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55131008/zsh-vcs-info-are-not-updated-if-alias-is-used

This bug maybe related to users/20807

Any help would be appreciated.