zsh-workers
* Bug report: Pasting content overwrites the current line and duplicates the text
@ 2021-09-07 22:58 Christopher Stead
From: Christopher Stead @ 2021-09-07 22:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers

Hi, I [read here](https://zsh.sourceforge.io/FAQ/zshfaq06.html#l62) that bug reports should go to this address. If this is incorrect, please direct me elsewhere.

Tested using Zsh version 5.8

IssuePasting text into the terminal results in the current line between wiped and replaced with the copied contents duplicated.

Scenario:

- Let's say the current terminal line looks like this:
~/work ❯ this is the current line

- I copy the word "current" and paste at the end of the line (with a space).

- Instead of ending up with:
~/work ❯ this is the current line current

I end up with this instead:
~/work ❯ currentcurrent

Causes
I have so far figured out that the following two commands cause this issue:

- set -a
- set -o allexport

I have tried this on two separate Zsh installations, one using Ubuntu in Windows Terminal, the other on an Ubuntu OS terminal - both to same effect.

If any further information is needed, please let me know.

Regards,

Chris