On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 10:12 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Sun, May 19, 2019 at 11:51 AM Roman Perepelitsa > wrote: > > > > I've tested my patch on two more terminals: Dumb Linux terminal > (TERM=linux) and Command Prompt with WSL. On both of them ZSH misbehaves > without my patch and works correctly with it. > > This is promising and the patch looks plausible, but I must ask: Have > you tested the case where the rprompt is printed on the final line of > the visible screen? > I went back and retested. Yes, it works correctly when rprompt is printed on the final line of the visible screen. I've now tested on two more terminals: KDE Konsole and Alacritty. This is the full list of terminals I've tested so far, all reasonably new versions: - GNOME Terminal. - MacOS Terminal. - Dumb Linux Terminal. - Windows Command Prompt (WSL). - Konsole. - Alacritty. On all of them when RPROMPT is non-empty and ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0 ZSH behaves incorrectly without the patch, and correctly with the patch ( https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh/compare/master...romkatv:rprompt-indent2). Roman.