Hello Oliver, Thanks for the reply. Just to make sure if we understand each other. in vim 1. press I for insert mode 2. type "asdf" 3. ESC for normal mode 4. press "shift-a" for append 5. press "ctrl-u" <- clears the line till the beginning in zsh with vi-mode 1. (its in insert mode by default) 2. type "asdf" 3. ESC for normal mode 4. press "shift-a" for append 5. press "ctrl-u" <- nothing happens. I thought its a bug. But if it is intended behavior, let it be this way. On Sat, Nov 6, 2021 at 4:04 PM Oliver Kiddle wrote: > Taras Halturin wrote: > > It seems I found a bug in zsh with vim-mode enabled. Ctrl-U (clear line > to the > > beginning) doesn't work correctly after switching between "normal" and > "insert" > > modes. > > That's not what Ctrl-U does in vi or vim. It deletes from the cursor > back to the point where insert mode was started. > > In the zsh documentation for vi-kill-line, exactly that behaviour is > described and that is what you get. > > If that's not what you want, you can bind Ctrl-U to kill-whole-line or > kill-buffer or to whatever precise behaviour you want. > > Oliver > -- Best Regards. Taras Halturin