Oh, thats the difference - just realized I use neovim (0.5.1). Seems it behaves a bit differently. Thanks for your answers. On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 10:49 PM Bart Schaefer wrote: > On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 1:46 PM Taras Halturin wrote: > > > > I've just tested with vim -u NONE and it behaves the same way as written > before (on step 5) - it clears the line to the beginning > > What version number of vim do you have? I tested with version > 8.1.2269 and it behaves as Oliver and Lawrence have described. The > online help text that Lawrence quoted is for version 8.2. > -- Best Regards. Taras Halturin