Last weekend I had the problem that I could no longer start a terminal/load a tty, because zsh was freezing on it's init. After booting into emergency mode, and setting my shell to bash, I got control back, and tried to narrow down the issue. Zero'ing out parts of my config, I narrowed it down to the history sesttings, in particular: when I changed the path to the hist file, it loaded (and exited; because after backing up and creating a new histfile, zsh loaded but froze on exit). At that point I noticed the system time was messed up (propably by windows usage). After syncing, zsh worked fine again with the original history file. I wonder if the history contained some timestamp in the future, which got zsh confused. But in any case, I thought it was a bug worth mentioning. With regards, Arjen Rouvoet *a.j.rouvoet@gmail.com *