zsh-workers
* unmetafy_line in 3.0.5
@ 1999-08-19 17:28 Amol Deshpande
From: Amol Deshpande @ 1999-08-19 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'zsh-workers@sunsite.auc.dk'

hi,

I got this bug report from an NT user of zsh, and looking at the code, I
thought it might be a generic problem with 3.0.5

The reported problem was that if you had, for example,

bindky ^B reverse-menu-complete

and then did ^B on an empty line, zsh would crash on NT.

looking at the crash, it happens in ztrsub() when called from unmetafy_line.

/**/
void
unmetafy_line(void)
{
    cs = ztrsub((char *) line + cs, (char *) line);
    (void) unmetafy((char *) line, &ll);
}

When I look at the parameters, cs is -1.  Now, I don't know if this
particular
variable never becomes -1 on unix, so perhaps someone can tell me if
this is indeed a generic zsh problem or should I try to figure out how
cs came to be -1 on an empty line ?

thanks,
-amol

* Re: unmetafy_line in 3.0.5
@ 1999-08-20  8:31 Sven Wischnowsky
From: Sven Wischnowsky @ 1999-08-20  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: zsh-workers; +Cc: Amol Deshpande

Amol Deshpande wrote:

> When I look at the parameters, cs is -1.  Now, I don't know if this
> particular
> variable never becomes -1 on unix, so perhaps someone can tell me if
> this is indeed a generic zsh problem or should I try to figure out how
> cs came to be -1 on an empty line ?

I can't reproduce this with my 3.1.6+ and a 3.0.5 that is patched half
the way to a 3.0.6.

And, yes, `cs' should never be negative at all.

Bye
 Sven