zsh-workers
From: Stefan Radziuk <sradziuk@pdtpartners.com>
Cc: "zsh-workers@zsh.org" <zsh-workers@zsh.org>
Subject: Re: (EXT) Re: Using the history expansion modifier 'a' results in excessive lstat calls
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 11:32:08 +0000	[thread overview]

> Do you get the same results with :P ? :a and :A are not guaranteed to
> result in a path leading to the same file (eg, symlink/../ will be
> simply deleted without following the symlink etc)

Yes, running with strace confirms that :a,A,P all exhibit the same lstatting behaviour (they all call zgetcwd).

From: Mikael Magnusson <mikachu@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:35 AM
To: Stefan Radziuk <sradziuk@pdtpartners.com>
Cc: zsh-workers@zsh.org <zsh-workers@zsh.org>

--
Mikael Magnusson

If you receive this communication in error, any use, dissemination, printing or copying is strictly prohibited; please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the sender immediately. Nothing in this email is intended to constitute (1) investment or trading advice or recommendations or any advertisement or (2) a solicitation of an investment in any jurisdiction in which such a solicitation would be unlawful.

Please note that PDT Partners UK, LLP, including its affiliates, reserves the right to intercept, archive, monitor and review all communications to and from its network.