This contains some changes of phrasing in the documentation, plus a lot of unnecessarily picky places where I added an extra space after a full stop. I resisted the temptation to change variant spellings, however. I got as far as not understanding the insert-ids style, so it's not finished. I'll have another go later. There are two functional changes: a typo in _jobs, and I final got fed up with the integer builtin not taking `-i base'. There have been various small changes, with others suggested, in the last week, so I'll produce pre-4 when I've finished with the docs and then leave it for a few days.