zsh-workers
* Working toward 4.0.3
@ 2001-09-08 18:00 Wayne Davison
From: Wayne Davison @ 2001-09-08 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zsh Workers

I'm curious if we need to do some work in CVS to facilitate a 4.0.3
release.  Is there anything on the trunk that we don't want to release
in 4.0.3?  If so, there has been some work on the zsh-4_0-patches
branch that we would need to update with applicable changes from the
trunk in order to get it ready for a new release.  However, if the
trunk has not gone experimental, it would be easier to just work on
releasing that instead.

..wayne..

* Re: Working toward 4.0.3
@ 2001-09-08 18:36 ` Bart Schaefer
From: Bart Schaefer @ 2001-09-08 18:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wayne Davison, Zsh Workers

On Sep 8, 11:00am, Wayne Davison wrote:
}
} Is there anything on the trunk that we don't want to release in 4.0.3?

There's everything since 4.0.1 that was deliberately left out of 4.0.2,
none of which has really been made less experimental in the meantime.
Primarily this means the zsh/net/tcp module and changes to other modules
to rely on it.

Since 4.0.2:

"zle -K" is not necessary (but probably OK).

Many of the doc changes are not necessary (though also probably OK, but
would have to be filtered for things we aren't releasing).

Removing "=alias" is a maybe (PWS didn't commit it to the branch).

The completion menu-selection stuff for multiple equivalent options may
not have been tested enough.

* Re: Working toward 4.0.3
@ 2001-09-08 23:11   ` Zefram
From: Zefram @ 2001-09-08 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bart Schaefer; +Cc: Wayne Davison, Zsh Workers

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>Since 4.0.2:
>
>"zle -K" is not necessary (but probably OK).

It's a very safe change to include in 4.0.  I'd recommend including it
to allow more potential ZLE widgetry to work on 4.0 as well as 4.1.

>Removing "=alias" is a maybe (PWS didn't commit it to the branch).

Seems questionable to remove a feature in a stable branch.

-zefram