On 5 Aug, Peter wrote: > > 4.0.5 has been imminent for some time now, but every time I say I'm > thinking about releasing it, people say, hang on here's a list of other > patches to look at. It looks like no-one has. I think it's perfectly > releasable in it's present form, however, so I may be able to sneak it > out while everyone's on holiday. I can't see much by way of patches that could go across to 4.0.5. A quick search for new completion functions which aren't on the 4.0 branch gives me this list: _apt-show-versions _debchange _larch _mysqldiff _texinfo _valgrind _limit I'll apply _texinfo across unless Andrej says otherwise. Also, we should perhaps either move _mondo out of Completion/Linux or move _modutils and _valgrind in to join it. Also, I had lying about patches against both the documentation and comments in the source code to fix some typos, spellings and poor wordings. I've attached these below. I'll only change documentation files on the 4.0 branch though. > The target for 4.1.0 was to have the parameter support tidied up. > However, that seems to be receeding into the background, too. We > really need to draw up a more limited set of goals since at the moment > it looks like nobody's got the time for large scale new code. There's > plenty of new stuff there in modules and the odd builtin. Sorry, I've not had much time to look at the parameter stuff. It'd perhaps be best to put out 4.1.x releases without any single big change. As you say there is plenty of new stuff. Oliver This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only. It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party. If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender. Thank you.